When I Grow up, I Wanna be a Writer


Everyone's been asked the question,

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" 

For my little sister, the answer is "An Astronaut Mermaid!" 

For high-schoolers, the answer is usually something along the lines of, "out of high school." 

For my husband, the answer is... "An engineer. At least for a few years." 

But I've always been a little different. Since I was young, my answer has always been, "I wanna to be a writer." For as long as I can remember, that's what I've wanted to do, what I've wanted to be. Of course, I've gone back and forth from excited about that to embarrassed about it, hitting unsure on my way back and forth between the two.

Why did I used to be embarrassed about it? Because writers are weird. We're different and strange... but I love that! We go on adventures in our brains and make it our goal to bring other people along with us. What other career lets you be a superhero and a villan and an emotionally confused teenager all at the same time? None that I know of... 



Anyway, I've always wanted to be a writer. I'm so lucky to have the chance to do what I love, and I can't wait to keep writing. Anyway, I've gotta get back to work. The 7 are getting bored!  

-Sara Summers

P.S. Feel free to comment or ask questions below, or shoot me an email at sarasummersbooks@gmail.com

Popular Posts

Announcement