Another Teaser

Hey guys, happy Monday! I'm hard at work on Suddenly Soulmates (whenever my baby isn't crying or getting cuddled that is), so here's another sneak peak, this time at the first part of Chapter 1. Seriously, I'm getting super excited for you to read this book! Hope you are too! It's still unedited so don't judge too harshly:)



Chapter 1

Lacey, Juliet, and Masen had only been mermaids for twenty-eight hours, and they were already failing at it. 

At least, they felt like they were failing at it. 

“You do realize that you’re allowed to look at him, right, Mase?” Juliet checked. 

Masen grimaced and shook her head. It was 1:23 AM, which meant her soulmate had been unconscious for exactly three hours and fifty-seven minutes. 

It had also been three hours and fifty-seven minutes since she’d looked at the guy. Unfortunately, when she had rescued him from the angry ocean, she’d gotten a good enough look at him to last her a lifetime. His image was burned into her mind. 

Chin-length dark hair. 

A hard, angular face. 

Well-muscled arms. 

Bushy-in-the-most-attractive-way eyebrows. 

She could’ve gone on about him for twenty minutes, and she’d only looked at the guy long enough to save his life. 

“I have free will, Jules.” Masen folded her arms over her chest, doing her best to push the image of her soulmate out of her mind. 

“Not according to the shifter powers that be, you don’t.” Lacey muttered from the kitchen, where she was packing their kitchen stuff into a cardboard box, getting it ready to move to Kai’s place. 

“Oh, please. Your soulmate is the guy you’ve been in love with for the past year. Why would you want free will when the powers that be gave you Kai?” Juliet wondered, pulling a batch of warm chocolate chip cookies off of a pan. 

“Because he didn’t love me.” Lacey glared at her friend. “He didn’t love me until we turned into soulmates, like, yesterday and now he thinks the world revolves around me. Who wants a guy who only loves her when she saves a mermaid and grows a tail?” she slammed the cabinet door shut before sighing and leaning against the counter for support. 

“He loved you as a friend.” Juliet countered, not having any other ground. “Besides, he grew up in a different world than us.” 

“Why do you think Mase can’t look at her man?” Lacey gestured to the closed door that led to their bedroom. 

“Because I have no idea who he is or how I’m supposed to respond.” Masen leaned her head back against the couch. “How much longer do we have until Kai and Alena get back with more boxes?” 

“Unfortunately, they’ll be back any time.” Lacey made a face. 

“You don’t hate Kai when you’re around him.” Jules pointed out, walking a plate of cookies to Masen. 

“Yes, because despite the fact that this is all one big crap-show, when he touches me I feel like I’ve found some missing piece of my life. Or my soul, I guess.” She shook her head and dumped their 1-dollar Walmart utensils into the box. “I’m a fricking hurricane of conflicting emotions.” 

“If you’re not going to go stare at that hunk of a man sleeping in your bed, you could at least help Lacey pack.” Juliet chastised their friend as she forced the plate of cookies into Masen’s hand. 

“You could at least stop making more messes for me to clean up.” Lacey shot back from the kitchen, as she took a frustrated bite of a chocolate chip cookie. 

“Chocolate makes you both less grumpy.” Jules shrugged. “Go eat your cookies and try to wake up your soulmate.” She told Masen. 

“We both know that’s not happening.” Masen said, rolling her eyes at Juliet. 


Coming on or before June 23rd!

-Sara Summers

PS feel free to email me with questions or comments at sarasummersbooks@gmail.com
I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts

Announcement