More than a Monkey Teaser

Hey guys! I know it makes me a little weird, but I love Mondays. Mondays are always so productive! 

ETERNAL is available in the kindle store as we speak, so if you haven't read it yet, go grab a copy on Amazon :)  And please leave a review if you have a minute!

Anyway, this Monday is the perfect day for a teaser. More than a Monkey will be here before the end of the month, which I am SUPER excited about! I've been having the time of my life plunging back into the lives of the Shifty girls, and I really think this book is the perfect epilogue for the series. Cosette and Casey are fantastic characters and I'm so ready for you to read their story. 

So here's a teaser, I hope you're as pumped about this book as I am!


Cosette

I stepped out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my waist and screamed when I saw two someones sitting on the bed.
Brooke and Jazz looked a little softer and a lot more tan than I remembered them, but other than that they looked almost exactly the way they had four and a half years ago.
“Did you plan on stopping by to say hello?” Brooke asked. Her arms were folded over her stomach.
“No.” I walked past them, my heart still pounding hard in my chest after the scare.
I unzipped my suitcase, acting like I hadn’t just had the pants scared off of me by two girls who used to be my close friends.
“Well that’s rude.”
“I’m sure she has her reasons, Brookie.” Jazz told her best friend. “So what are your reasons, Coze?” 
“It’s Cosette now.” I corrected her, pulling out a clean set of clothes and heading back toward the bathroom to put them on. “And my reasons are none of your business.” 
I started getting dressed, and both of the girls walked over to stand in the bathroom doorway, unfazed by my bare skin. They didn’t say anything until I was wearing a pair of cute black slacks and a bra.
“You don’t think we deserve to know why you disappeared off the face of the earth after you got shot? We were your best friends.” Brooke glared at me.
“Were you?” I spun around, my shirt forgotten on the countertop. “Because I distinctly remember waking up alone in the hospital with a hole in my body and an empty message box in my phone. Not one of you tried to contact me until you wanted help changing the media’s perspective on yet another stupid shifty thing. If that’s what it means to have a best friend, I’d rather be alone.” 
I yanked the loose, comfortable top over my head and swiftly tucked it into my slacks.
Jazz and Brooke were both gawking at me.
“What?” Brooke demanded.
“You heard me.” I brushed past them both

-Sara Summers

Popular Posts

Announcement